Can you imagine sharing a coffee with an internationally renowned surgeon and having a direct, pleasant and informal conversation?
Thanks to the new "A COFFEE WITH" feature of AIS you will be able to do so!!!
You will have a coffee agenda so you can choose the day and time and enjoy a dose of surgical caffeine of the highest level.
Shall we reserve your stool?
Dr. Manuel Francisco Roxas is a consultant colorectal surgeon and Clinical Associate Professor at the University of the Philippines College of Medicine and Philippine General Hospital. More popularly known by his nickname “Ramy”, he is an elected Regent of the Philippine College of Surgeons, and the Director of its Cancer Commission.
He is also Senior Vice President for Medical Affairs of the Qualimed Hospital Network, as well as Co-Director for Surgery at the Healthway Cancer Care Center (currently undergoing construction), both of which comprise the hospital arm of Ayala Health.
Dr. Roxas has held various past positions as President of the Philippine Society of Colorectal Surgeons and the ASEAN Society of Colorectal Surgeons; Chief of the Division of Colorectal Surgery, Philippine General Hospital; and Chair of the Department of Surgery at The Medical City.
Aside from his Medical Degree from the De La Salle University Health Sciences Campus where he was valedictorian, Dr. Roxas has a Masters of Science Degree in Health Industries Management from the ESSEC Business School in Singapore, and a Scholarship in Surgical Leadership from the Harvard Medical School. He was also an International Guest Scholar of the American College of Surgeons and it’s National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.
As an academic colorectal surgeon, Dr. Roxas has published more than 55 peer reviewed articles and pioneered the following in the Philippines
- Intraoperative Radiotherapy for Colorectal Cancer
- Endorectal and Endoanal ultrasound
- Pre-operative Radiotherapy and Total Mesorectal Excision
- Multidisciplinary Team Approach for Colorectal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Colorectal Surgery
- LIFT Technique for anal fistulas
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
- American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP)